So I love my Instant Put Duo 10 in 1 and no this isn’t a paid ad, I do actually love it. We had no oven for three months and it was a life saver. Even though our beautiful oven has now arrived and I now don’t have to be completely creative about meals I still love to use the instant pot. My husband loves doing his boiled eggs in there and will not do it any other way. My favourite thing is that it is so quick and I really don’t have to plan. I’d always forget to use the slow cooker and I never remember to lift the meat out the day before. Well it doesn’t matter.
I will cook my chicken from frozen and then pull it apart like shredded chicken. This is handy for the boys as it’s easier for them to eat. The other week I threw it in my carbonara recipe and when I made enchiladas, which were amazing. It just cuts my cooking time down and helps me when I haven’t planned a meal.
- Frozen Chicken Breasts or Boneless Skinless Thighs
- Stock Cube Vegetable or Chicken
- Boiling water – Follow stock instructions for amount approx 450mls
- Dissolve stock cube in water
- Add chicken and stock to Instant Pot
- Cook on Pressure Cooker mode on High or Poultry for 15 -20 minutes
- Either Quick release if in a rush or leave it until you need it.
- Check the chicken to see if cooked If still raw add for 3-5 minutes
- When cooked remove from stock and cut or shred
Tip –The time it takes to cook the chicken depends on how much there is and the size of the pieces. So if you are cooking 500g of frozen chicken that is stuck together in a lump add longer to the time. A single medium frozen breast should take 15 minutes.
Let me see what you think and what you do with yours. Tag me @jenjensdesignsuk