Love a jacket potato but it seems like a hassle to cook for lunch when you’re in a rush well here is a simple recipe. Cooking in bulk saves so much time and money I try to do it as often as I can be bothered. Normally it is when something is about to go off or I’ve got carried away picking out ingredients and make enough food to feed the 5000. So to save my time I prepare my jacket potatoes in bulk and freeze them. I just buy a big bag and cook them all at once.
- Baking potatoes as many as you want
- Give the potatoes a little wash. Just a run under the tap and a rub with a tea towel, making sure they are clean.
- Poke them with a fork all over.
- Rub a bit of oil over them and sprinkle with salt.
- Place on a baking try or in an oven proof dish.
- Pre heat your oven to 180 C and when warm pop in he potatoes
- Cook for 40-60 minutes depending on the size and your preferences etc
- Nothing ground breaking so far I know.
- When cooked remove and leave to cool
- Pop them in a freezer bag and mark it with a date in permanent pen. Then put them in the freezer until you are ready to eat.
How to cook from frozen
Are you ready for this …. pop in the microwave for approx 5 minutes and devour with you favourite toppings.
Let me know if you like this idea and show what you do. Tag me @jenjensdesignsuk