So we got an Instant Pot a few months ago as we didn’t have an oven after moving house. The instant pot was a life saver it honestly saved us from endless takeaways, beans on toast and malnutrition. The boys love both ‘dippy’ soft boiled eggs and hard boiled. I struggle to get it right in a saucepan but I don’t have to worry anymore. We have an Instant Pot Duo 10 in 1 so others models may vary. Give it a go and see how you get on.
Save your egg shells and use them to make a fun educational game for the kids or repurpose them and use them in your garden to help your plants see my blog post Smashing Eggs to see how.
- Fresh Eggs – any amount you want (we use large free range)
- Cold Water approx one mug so fit under the trivet
- Tip a cup of cold water in the Instant Pot
- Place trivet inside – make sure the water is below the trivet
- Add whole eggs and place on trivet
- Seal the lid
- Set to Pressure Cooker – Custom mode on High.
- For soft boiled eggs cook set for 3 minutes – Hard boiled 5 minutes
- When finished quick release the pressure
- Warning the trivet will be hot so do not touch
- Remove eggs and enjoy – they will be hot so you can add cold water to cool them down so easier to touch
Tip – To stop boiled eggs from browning cool them down in a cold water ASAP if you have some ice available use it the colder the better.
Send me a picture of you eggs and let me know how you eat yours. Tag me on Instagram @jenjensdesignsuk