This is all about using up that bit of left over mash potato from tea. You could just microwave and eat it with some beans for lunch the next day which is a delicious way to use it up or you could try this. Just add some extra ingredients to bulk it out and turn it into a whole other meal. This is a good base recipe and you can add whatever you want and it will create a whole heap of options. Add some white fish or salmon and you’ve got a fish cake. Why not get some left over ham or cooked meats that are in the fridge and chuck it in.
This served 2.5 people and we were full.
- Left over mashed potato approx 2 cups
- 2 eggs
- Plain Flour 2-3 tbsp
I added cheese and sweetcorn but use whatever you want.
- Mix mashed potato, eggs and flour in a bowl.
- Add your extras ad mix the in.
- Heat frying pan with a bit of oil on a medium heat so they don’t burn
- Scoop up a dollop of mixture and plop in the pan. Flatten with spatula
- Cook for approx 2 minutes and flip
- Cook again for approx 2 mins. They should be a nice golden brown.
- If ready remove and put on a plate. If not cook for a bit longer
- Eat it and pat yourself on the back. Well done you !
Show me what you made and what extras you like. Tag me on Instagram @jenjensdesignsuk