This so easy and simple and I am hooked. I often go though healthy eating phases and buy food for it to sit in the cupboard. Then I never know what to do with them, feel overwhelmed and just avoid them. Well I had a ton of unused nuts and dried fruit sat in the cupboard and this annoyed me. I don’t like waste and I refuse to just throw things out. Adapt to use whatever you have or if you want to just add chocolate chips when it is all cooked and that sounds delicious too. My new go to healthy breakfast is now a sliced banana with some Greek yoghurt and a scatter of granola.
- 150g Oats
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Olive or Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Cinnamon or Ginger
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- 0.5 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 200g Nuts or seeds (i loved pecan, almond flakes and hazelnuts but use whatever you have)
- 200g Dried Fruit
Tip – You can double this recipe for a bigger batch and freeze it.
- Heat the oven to 180 C Fan 160 C
- Tip all ingredients except the dried fruit into a bowl. (Optional – Add fruit now if you like it baked or add it after cooking)
- Mix together so everything is coated
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and tip mixture onto the tray.
- Spread it out but don’t flatten as you don’t want it turning into a large flapjack.
- Cook for approx 10-15 minutes. Check on it and stir about half way. Our oven seems to be super hot so cooks quickly.
- Leave to cool approx 40 minutes.
- Store it in an air tight container or jar.
- Be super proud of yourself as it is delicious and give some to your friends to show them what a domestic goddess you are.